For real, last night's low-carb taco bowl dinner took only 8 minutes to prepare and about 3 minutes for me to eat (1.53 minutes for my husband to inhale). And BONUS: I had every single ingredient already in the house and I just threw it all together on the fly.
It is like so stupid simple that I don't even know why you are reading this but you are and so here it is:
- 1 - 1.5 lb ground beef, bison, or elk (I used beef that was 93% lean so I added 2 tbps of ghee to for added fat
- 1 package of La Frontera Taco Skillet Sauce
- 1 head of butter leaf lettuce to create the "taco bowl"
- As much or as little avocado as your heart desire (I used 1 small avocados for each bowl)
- As much or as little shredded cheese as your heart desires (I used about 1/4 cup for each bowl)
- As much or as little sour cream as your heart desires (I had about 1 tbsp left in the container so it was more of a sour cream tease between the two of us).
- All of the above made about 2.5 servings. One for each of us and then Kevin finished off what was left of the taco beef.
Brown meat for about 6-7 minutes, drain fat if you wish (i didn't), add taco sauce and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Line bowl with butter lettuce. Add beef, avocado, cheese, sour cream or any other delicious topping you have in the fridge.
*We also each had a couple of white corn tortilla chips on the side but that is not exactly low carb now is it?*